And just like that. It’s almost October. I link up with Hayley each month to share goals and to encourage and be encouraged by the community around her monthly goals link up!
Quick September recap:
2. Write five posts for 31 day series – I haven’t written any. But I’ve chosen my topic and brainstormed most of my posts!
Make plans with two couples/friends I want to know better – yes. Even though we felt like our schedules were already full, we made the time and it was so worth it.
5. Submit essay for contest – I missed the deadline. :(
Onwards! Here’s what I’d like to tackle in October:
1. Participate in the Nester’s 31 day series challenge. Write every day, post every day.
2. Be present where I am.
I know this breaks all the rules because it isn’t specific or measurable, but I’ll be traveling for two weekends and at two different conferences the last week of October. I don’t know how else to say that I want to give and get the most from each experience other than to be present where I am, avoiding the temptation to always think about the “next thing.”
What I think this looks like practically: planning logistics well enough in advance that I don’t have to worry about them while I’m somewhere else, taking social media breaks more seriously, and staying connected to the day to day while I’m in town.
3. Celebrate six years of marriage with a fun, reflective weekend trip and thoughtful gift for Mike.
4. Officially make our LAST student loan payment!
5. Solidify the justice segment of the Influence podcast.
This is the subject I’m the least personally qualified to cover, but an important one.
When I look at this month’s goals, much of what I see is years of work and effort toward earlier goals coming to fruition. I also can’t help but see the immeasurable grace God poured out for Mike and I to be where we are.
Isn’t it great how it’s never really about us? There’s always a bigger story in the works. If you’re caught up in striving and feeling like you can never push hard enough, never quite reach the goals you set, take heart: we aren’t meant to do it alone.
What are your goals this month?