It’s the first day of fall! Let’s have a fall themed podcast to celebrate, shall we?
In this episode, we talk about Maggie’s freshly launched BLOG, and all things fall – clothes, food, and office supplies!
Show notes for this episode:
Alternate post titles: was that a burp? / are leggings pants? / in a flurry of pins – so basically, you have a lot to look forward to when you listen to the episode!
Who wants to join our group fall Pinterest board?? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll send you an invite!
We may not need back to school supplies anymore, but business ladies need office supplies, right?!? When Target looks like Ross, we’re in trouble.
- multiple categorized notebooks
- La Croix sparkling water (like it’s going out of style)
- Whitney English Day Designer and soon the Day Designer mini
- Naptime Diaries monthly calendar printable
- Ultra Fine Sharpies in all the colors
- uni-ball Signo pens
- Notes app (anyone else need it to have lines?)
- Coffee thermoses
- portable file folders
Fall food is the best:
- Maggie is all about squash, pumpkin, and game meat. Is delicata a type of squash? Google confirmed yes.
- Try hollowing out a sugar pumpkin with caramelized red onions, gorgonzola and walnuts and bake it! You can also fill your hollowed pumpkin with this delicious soup recipe.
- My fall staples are curried lentil soup and roasted vegetables.
- Did you know about toasting spices?
- Pumpkin granola, pumpkin smoothies and banana bread smoothies.
Fall outfits, also the best:
- Maggie needed some new booties in her life, and also loves flannel shirts and rich fall hues. Bring on the emeralds, neutrals and deep reds!
- I’m trying out a capsule wardrobe for the first time. So far, so good. I wrote a detailed post with pictures of my capsule yesterday.
- ThredUP is an online consignment store, and a great option for paring down your closet for a capsule wardrobe, or anytime.
- Stitch Fix is an online personal styling service. Learn more about Stitch Fix in this blog post.
- Shout out to Valerie (@hellovallarina) for telling me about Un-fancy, the website where I got all my info to build my capsule wardrobe.
- If you feel overwhelmed by your closet or shopping, or like you overspend on clothes but still feel like you have nothing to wear, a capsule wardrobe might be for you!
- Having fewer decisions is huge for me, which is why I love the capsule approach.
Pressing questions: Can you wear white after Labor Day? Are leggings pants? Is animal print a neutral?
If you’ve rated us in iTunes, thank you!! If you haven’t yet, head to iTunes and do it! It helps other friends find our podcast.
Be sure to check out Maggie’s blog, The Spread!
Follow us on Instagram @aroundthetablepodcast @maggiemcdaris @thebalancedwife and use the hashtag #aroundthetable when you’re sharing hospitality, community, or food-related posts- we’d love to interact with you there!
This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for supporting our podcast!